I saw this in Sarah's archives and thought it was fabulous.
Here's the game: Go to Google. Type in your name, and the phrase "last I heard she/he was" and then list what you get.
Last I heard, Aimee was....
"rumoured to have gotten married to a farmer"
Thankfully, no. I dodged that bullet. This one is still a rumor.
"trying out for that show "The Last Comic Standing"
Again, no. I'm not that funny. But then neither are the other contestants. Dammit, now I have to seriously consider a career change - I mean, that's not the worst show I could pick. I could have been the Next Pussycat Doll.
"Doing 3-5, wink"
Great. What's the wink for? Was I doing 3-5 for something "winkable"? Like prostitution? Definitely not going with that career change.
"Actually married and living in Paris"
Why is it to hard to believe that Aimee is ACTUALLY MARRIED? Bitch.
"out on bail"
I wonder if this was before my last stint in jail. ::sigh::
"doing well and so was the baby"
Aww. Cute baby. Wait. Baby?!
"making out with Jeremy Piven"
Now THAT is the kind of gossip that should be spread. I wonder what my husband and baby think of all this!
Carrie asked me for a permission slip to spring shop and apparently she presented it to her beloved. He did not accept that permission slip, and so she asked me how I trained Mark so well.
For one, Mark and I don't comingle our money. I have the feeling that we will butt heads on that later because I feel pretty strongly about NOT comingling money and he feels fairly strongly that it is a DO. So, we'll see. But for now, we both agree it is a NO, and therefore it's my money, I'll do what I want.
Also, this helps
All of Mark's money goes into his project. (this subsequently is referred to as my engagement truck)
First, I'd just like to apologize. Second, blame Emily.
1. ARE YOU SHY? Notsomuch.I talk to random strangers in the grocery store.I’m one of those people.
2. ARE YOU A LOVER OR A FIGHTER? Yes!I like a good argument every once in awhile, but I’m totally non-confrontational (unless you’re a stranger – or you drive like an asshole).Other than that, I’m a total LOVE. Ha!
3. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
4. AS A KID, WERE YOU A LEGO MANIAC? OMG Yes.I still have them!Wanna play?
I also liked my first boyfriend because he looked like the kid from the commercial.Zack the Lego Maniac.I wanted to call him Zack.Unfortunately his name was Cameron. ::sigh::
5. DO YOU CHEW ON YOUR STRAWS? Ew no. No squished straws for me.I need maximum beverage flow at all times.
6. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR KEYBOARD? It’s dingy.Please don’t make me think about it.
7. HAVE YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMPED? ACK! No.
8. ANY SECRET TALENTS? It’s a secret. Duh.
9. WHAT'S YOUR IDEAL VACATION SPOT? Beach house, hot tub, colorful drinks with tiny umbrellas.
11. CAN YOU SWIM? Not well.My pool IS only 8 feet wide and 32 inches deep.That might have something to do with it.
12. HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE DONNIE DARKO? No, but I love me some Gyllenhaals and I have it on my Netflix.Does that count?
13. DO YOU GIVE A DANG ABOUT THE OZONE?
Not too much. This is why I don’t have kids.I don’t want them to deal with the mistakes of our generation.
14. CAN YOU MACARENA? I can.But why would I want to?
15. ARE YOU AN ONLY CHILD? Yup. Mom was afraid she wouldn’t love another kid as much as she loves me.Smart lady, my mom.
16. WHAT'S YOUR
HUNTING? If you can drive or walk, you can buy meat at the grocery store like everyone else.You aren’t going to starve if you don’t kill something.I have very strong feelings about not being able to look at someone in a nice way if they can look at another living creature and not see enough to NOT KILL IT.Unless it’s people.That’s totally different.
17. WHAT ARE YOU TO ANYTHING?
To the world, I may be just another girl…but to him I am the world.At least, that’s what Brad Paisley tells me.
18. IS ELVIS STILL ALIVE?
Yes, I keep him in my basement.I don’t have a basement?::sad::
19. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS? Unfertilized.
20. ARE BLONDES DUMB?
This question would imply that true blondes actually exist in nature.I do not believe that to be true.
21. IS MCDONALD'S DISGUSTING?
Uh, not if you go through the drive-thru.
22. ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK? No.I’m just afraid of all the things that the dark could be hiding.
23. WHAT ARE YOU ADDICTED TO? Reality TV, which is not much better than crack what is whack.
24. HAVE YOU EVER RIDDEN IN AN AMBULANCE? Thankfully, no.
25. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR EYES? They used to be only brown.Now they are more hazel.Weird.
26. ARE YOU PSYCHIC? Do you think I’d be sitting here at a civil service job if I were?Think about that one!
27. HAVE YOU READ "CATCHER IN THE
"? Nope.In fact, it wasn’t ever assigned.Even if it had been, the answer still would have been nope.
28. DO YOU PLAY ANY INSTRUMENTS? I CAN play the piano and the autoharp.However, I am not that fabuloso at it. I used to love playing the triangle.It’s so delicate.Like me.SHUT UP!I’m TOTALLY A FRAGILE LITTLE FLOWER!
29. HAVE YOU EVER STOLEN FOOD? This is a scary question…I feel like I would need to be sent away to fat camp for this one.
The answer is no.Unless a fry here and there counts, then…I’m screwed.
30. CAN YOU SNOWBOARD? I’ve never tried.Snow is cold and I’m not the most coordinated when it comes to athletics.Ifyou asked about snow dancing, I’d totally be there!
31. YOU BELIEVE IN DIVORCE? Not really.I believe in not getting married in the first place.That saves a lot of trouble.
Yesterday's excitement was that I got this! In the mail!
I got a really nice note from the author, Jen, and an autographed trade copy of the book. Yeah! Which, I'm about 30% through already because OMG I heart her writing. I also got a bunch of postcards - so be watching for those in the mail. The book comes out May 1 and you can preorder on Amazon now.
I handed out a few cards yesterday. There are two really cute 20/30 somethings in my group, and while I've never talked to them, they looked like the Chick Lit type. So I approached them and told them about it and gave them postcards. Most of the women in the group or old or weird, so I skipped them. LOL I didn't want to offend anyone with that whole "ass" word. teehee.
This all kind of flows into my discussion with my coworker today. (already! this morning!) We got an email that was just stupid - so I forwarded it to her and made fun of it. She said I'm starting early with the bitching. And I said, 'uh, no. I'm always open to making fun of the stupid. duh.' So, she challenged me to compliment 3 things today. I was already ahead of the game because a woman in the elevator was wearing really cute pants. And so I had already complimented someone. Go me! I explained that I am just as nice as I am mean. And I'm totally nice if you aren't ugly, stupid, or weird. I think that's totally fair!
No recap of America's Next Top Model this time around because it was that horrible "scenes you never saw" and "a bunch of crap you already knew about" episode. BLAH.
oh and HUGS for Julie for agreeing with me on the worthlessness of one Jessica Simpson. (Sorry Linds!)
I've been bombarded with signs and blogs that are asking for donations to the March of Dimes. I realize that the March of Dimes plays to our heart by "saving babies." But what if they are using their donation dollars for something that isn't necessary? Read more about the March of Dimes here.
Say like, experimenting on animals for the purpose of finding out information that we already have (nicotine is bad for babies? drugs are bad? etc.) If you knew what I know, you might think differently and spend your charity dollars somewhere else.
This link will take you to a list of charities that study birth defects and who DONT test on animals.
You can visit this link to get to the Caring Consumer page for figuring out if a charity tests on animals or doesn't.
This may or may not be an issue for you - but you won't know if it's an issue if no one tells you about it.